Consumer Protection Act 2002
On July 31, 2005 the new Consumer Protection Act, 2002, ("CPA") came into effect in Ontario, which sets out guidelines and requirements for retailers selling products and services to consumers (that’s you). Among other things, the CPA requires that all automotive repair and maintenance facilities provide a warranty:
- On parts and labour of not less than 90 days or 5,000 kilometers (whichever comes first)
- That does not apply to fluids, filters, lights, tires or batteries
- That, in the event the vehicle becomes inoperable or unsafe during the warranty period due to the failure or inadequacy of the work or repair AND it is not reasonable to return the vehicle to us (first to the Master Mechanic who originally performed the work or repair; second to any other Master Mechanic), then you may bring your vehicle to the nearest non-Master Mechanic facility to have the failure or inadequacy repaired.
- You will be required to pay this non-Master Mechanic facility, however, you will be refunded by your Master Mechanic (who originally performed the repair) for an amount equal to that originally invoiced by Master Mechanic in respect of the failed or inadequate items plus reasonable towing charges incurred, provided that:
- You did not subject your vehicle to misuse or abuse
- You return to Master Mechanic the defective parts
At Master Mechanic, our Nationwide Warranty is in full compliance with the CPA and, in fact exceeds that of the CPA by providing:
- 12 months or 20,000 kilometers (whichever comes first) for parts*
- 3 months or 5,000 kilometers for labour*
for your vehicle anywhere in North America.
*unless otherwise stated on your invoice (typically, lower warranty periods apply to inferior quality parts not otherwise recommended by Master Mechanic but specifically requested by the customer)
In all my years of dealing with mechanics, and believe me I’ve had to deal with many mechanics, I am thrilled to have found such a great guy.
Your honesty, trustworthiness, efficiency etc. has made my experience living in the area all the more pleasureful.
I would recommend you to any and all friends…it’s a pleasure doing business with you.